MARTINSBURG, W.Va. - The newly expanded board of directors for the City Hospital Foundation and Jefferson Health Care Foundations recently elected officers for 2010.
Susan Snowden, Martin & Seibert, was elected chairman; Robert Baronner of BCT was elected vice chairman; Liz Oates was elected secretary; and John Beatty of BB&T was elected treasurer.
Five new board members were also appointed to serve 3-year terms. West Virginia University Hospitals-East officials announced that Chris Amores, Rob Hoxton, Marty Kable, Henry Kayes and Terry Marcus have joined the board of directors, which governs both WVUH-East foundations.
Other board directors reappointed to serve terms on the foundation boards include Donald Anderson, Dr. Edward Arnett, Snowden Byron, Diane Dailey, David DeJarnett, Doris Griffin, Terry Hess, Walt Pellish, James Rickard, and Douglas Widmeyer.
The City Hospital Foundation was established in 1984 as the not-for-profit fundraising arm of City Hospital. The Jefferson Health Care Foundation was established in 1999 as a not-for-profit foundation to aid, strengthen and benefit Jefferson Memorial Hospital.
In January 2005, both foundations became affiliates of WVUH-East, the area’s regional health system which includes City Hospital and Jefferson Memorial Hospital. Although they share a common governing board, the foundations remain separate not-for-profit organizations.
For more information on foundation programs or how to make a tax-deductible contribution, contact the WVUH-East marketing and development office at 304.264.1223.