WVUH-East Interventional Radiology- Services and Procedures
- Peripheral Arterial Disease(PAD) Outpatient Clinic at City Hospital
- Non invasive screening for Peripheral Arterial Disease (PAD)-Measure Ankle Brachial Index(ABI), Segmental Blood Pressures and Pulse Volume Recordings (PVR).
- Doppler Ultrasound to screen for Venous insufficiency/Varicose Vein
- Computerized Tomographic Angiography (CTA)/Magnetic Resonance Angiopraphy (MRA).
- Duplex Ultrasound to evaluate Peripheral Arterial Disease, Carotid Disease and Renal Artery Stenosis.
- CO2 Angiography(For patients with Renal Insufficiency).
Medical Management of Claudication
- Angioplasty and stenting of Peripheral Arteries.
- Treatment for Chronic Critical Limb Ischemia(CLI), non healing ulcers, Limb salvage.
- Revascularization of Chronic Total Occlusions (CTO).
- Angioplasty and stenting of the renal arteries
- Angioplasty and stenting of the mesenteric arteries
- Pulmonary Embolism Treatment-Catheter directed thrombolysis/thrombectomy
- Carotid Stenting
- Treatment of Spider Veins
- Endovascular Laser Treatment (EVLT) and Sclerotherapy for Varicose Veins
- Management of Venous stasis ulcers/Stasis dermatitis.
- DVT treatment -Thrombolysis and thrombectomy
- Venous angioplasty and stenting, including peripheral veins, SVC and IVC
- Uterine Fibroid Embolization
- Treatment of Pelvic congestion Syndrome
- Fallopian tube recanalization
- Uterine Artery Embolization for Bleeding.
- Facet Injections
- Epidural Injections
- Sacroiliac Joint injections
- Vertebroplasty & Kyphoplasty
- Joint Steroid injections.
- Celiac Axis Block.
- Stereotactic Breast Biopsy
- Ultrasound Guided Vacuum assisted Breast Biopsy
- Needle Localizations
- Cyst Aspirations
Diagnostic and Therapeutic Procedures
- Percutaneous CT/US guided drainage and management of fluid collections(Abscess, Seroma, Lymphoceles) in the chest, abdomen, soft tissues.
- Placement of Chest tubes
- Ablation of Seromas and cysts
- CT guided Lumbar puncture
- CT guided bone marrow biopsy.
- Dialysis AV Fistula/Graft Declotting and Interventions using thrombolytic therapy and Hydrolytic/Mechanical thrombectomy
- Placement of Temporary and Tunneled Hemodialysis Catheters
- Placement of Peritoneal Dialysis catheters
- Surveillance and Balloon Assisted Maturation of AV Fistula
- CO2 Angiography.
- Ultrasound and Angiographic Vein Mapping.
- Trans Jugular Renal Biopsy
- CT and Ultrasound guided Biopsies
- CT and Ultrasound guided needle localizations
- Trans Arterial Chemoinfusion, Embolization and Chemoembolization
- Cryoblation of Tumors
- Radiofrequency Ablation (RFA)of Kidney/Liver/Lung/Bone Tumors
- Placement of Tunneled Pleural and Peritoneal drainage catheters
- Percutaneous transhepatic cholangiogram
- Biliary Drainage catheters and stent placement for stricture/Biliary Leak.
- Percutaneous cholecystostomy
- Transjugular Liver Biopsy and Hepatic and Portal Vein Pressure Measurements
- Ureteral stent placement and balloon dilatation
- Nephroureteral (NU)stent placement
- Varicocele Embolization
- Placement of PICCS, Hickmans, Central Lines
- Placement of Portacaths(Low profile, CT power injectable ports, Arm ports)
- Percutaneous Placement of G tubes
- Conversion of G tubes to GastroJejunostomy(GJ) tubes (incase patients have aspiration with G tubes, high residuals or gastroparesis).
- Placement of GastroJejunostomy (GJ) Tubes
- Embolization for the management of GI bleeding
- Embolization for visceral aneurysms.
- Embolization for organ ablation, preceding surgery, trauma or palliation
- Embolization of AVMs and AV fistulas , Pseudoaneurysms
- Embolization for the management of hemoptysis
- Inferior vena cava Filter placement and retrieval
- Intravascular foreign body retrieval
- Catheter directed debridements for Abscesses, Pancreatic Pseudocysts
Interventional Radiology Clinic and Consult Service
- Patients will be seen in IR clinic at City Hospital for evaluation and follow-ups.
- If clinically indicated, we will refer the patients to other Specialists/Tertiary care centers.